Diglipur shop gutted

Report by: 
KURMA RAO
DIGLIPUR
10 Jul 2017

Poor compliance of fire safety norms has caused another mishap at Diglipur in the North Andaman region. The shop of Nipa Electronics, Madhupur road in Krishnapur area was engulfed in flames after reported short-circuit in the afternoon hours when the unit was closed for lunch on Monday. Fire fighters rushed to the spot at around 1.15 pm after receipt of information and the blaze was brought under control.
According to sources, the cause of the fire is not confirmed, but an investigation has been launched into the mishap. The fire fighting unit is scheduled to assess damages caused to the commercial unit tomorrow. More details are awaited.