House gutted at Kalara

Report by: 
28 Jul 2017

A family in remote Kalara village in the North Andaman region was displaced after fire raced through their home on Friday. The owner of the house that was gutted today in fire claimed that he suffered huge losses to the tune of lakhs in the mishap.
According to sources, all the family members of the house were out for work when the mishap occurred. Short-circuit in the electrical system caused the blaze and engulfed the house in flames. Nearby villagers informed the Fire Station, but by the time fire fighters reached the spot, the house was completely gutted. An investigation has been launched to ascertain the reason for the fire and evaluate the losses, said sources.