China promises to allow pilgrims to Kailash – Manasarovar

Gangtok
18 Jun 2018

There is good news for yatris to Kailash – Manasarovar. Chinese envoy to India Luo Zhaohui said in Delhi on Monday that China would continue to promote religious exchanges and make arrangements for Indian pilgrims going to Kailash - Mansarovar in Tibet. The first batch of pilgrims to Kailash – Manasarovar via Nathu La pass left Gangtok on Sunday.
"We cannot stand another Doklam," the envoy said. Into its fourth year now, the pilgrimage through Nathu La had to be abandoned last year in the wake of tension at the border and mobilization of troops by India and China at the Doklam plateau. The pilgrims had to return disappointed from Gangtok in 2017.
Post-Doklam, there have been frequent high-level engagements between the leaders of the two countries. “Bilateral ties between India and China can't take the strain of another Doklam episode,” the envoy said, emphasising on the need to find a "mutually acceptable solution" on the boundary issue through a meeting of the Special Representatives.
Dwelling on Sino-Indian ties, he said it is quite natural to have differences but they need to be controlled and managed through cooperation.

"We need to control, manage, narrow differences through expanding cooperation. The boundary question was left over by history. We need to find a mutual acceptable solution through Special Representatives' Meeting while adopting confidence building measures," he said. (EOIC & PTI )